Harlequin Skat 3 / Harlekinskat 3
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Skat is by far the most famous card game in Germany. It uses a 32 card deck, i.e. a poker deck without the cards lower than the 7s.
Note that free version 4 is already out:
There are many variations. This variation, "Harlequin Skat" or "Harlekinskat", is my favorite one, because here the player has an advantage, if at the beginning of the game one remembers the cards that the opponent will have on the hand later in game.
- full support for the languages English and German
- displays its full rules within the game
- "French deck with German colors" for good visibilty of cards (spades are green, diamonds are yellow)
- 3 difficulty levels for CPU: On standard difficulty the computer is practically indistinguishable from a real human player. + an easier + a harder difficulty
- Java (if it does not work, update java)
- min. resolution: 1200x700
- max. resolution: There is no maximum screen resultion per se. However, if the resolution is far greater than the minimum, at some point one probably wants to decrease it, because the game elements might become too small. Unfortunately, the window does not scale.
- 230kb disk space (almost nothing)
If you are interested in the source code or want to improve the game by translating it to another language (preferably your native language) look here:
This game is free. However, if you liked it, you can donate any amount you want when downloading it again.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.