Harlequin Skat 4 / Harlekinskat 4
A downloadable game
Skat is by far the most famous card game in Germany. It uses a 32 card deck, i.e. a poker deck without the cards lower than the 7s.
There are many variations. This variation, "Harlequin Skat" or "Harlekinskat", is my favorite one, because here the player has an advantage, if at the beginning of the game one remembers the cards that the opponent will have on the hand later in game.
- full support for the languages English and German
- displays its full rules within the game
- "French deck with German colors" for good visibilty of cards (spades are green, diamonds are yellow)
- 3 difficulty levels for CPU: On standard difficulty the computer is practically indistinguishable from a real human player. + an easier + a harder difficult
NEW FEATURES OF VERSION 4:
- full screen mode (scalable to all screen resolutions)
- new look: most important cards, the jacks, stand out more
- improved AI
- option: let the computer tell its current strategies (and thus learn from it)
- Java (if it does not work, update java)
- 1mb disk space (almost nothing)
Unfortunately, this game does not run on phones or tablets. For that one would have to completely rewrite the code.
If you are interested in the source code or want to improve the game by translating it to another language (preferably your native language) look here:
This game is free. However, if you liked it, you can donate any amount you want when downloading it again.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.